The GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) on 2023-03-26 has announced that the GSO Technical Committee TC03 has taken the decision to postpone the implementation of the latest edition of the standard IEC 60335-2-24:2020 (Ed. 8) concerning the electrical safety of household-use refrigerators and freezers.
GCC标准化组织(GSO)于2023-03-26日宣布，GSO技术委员会TC03决定推迟实施有关家用冰箱和冰柜电气安全的最新版标准IEC 60335-2-24:2020 (Ed. 8)。
Prior to this announcement the mandatory transition date had been set to September 16, 2022 for superseding the previous Ed. 7.2 of the standard.
GSO requests all Notified Bodies to postpone the implementation of IEC 60335-2-24:2020 (Ed. 8) accordingly until this new edition will be published on the GSO standards store.
GSO要求所有公告机构相应地推迟IEC 60335-2-24:2020 (Ed. 8)的实施，直到新版本在GSO标准存储库上发布。
Notified Bodies shall continue to accept test reports based on the valid GSO version which is IEC 60335-2-24:2010+AMD1:2012+AMD2:2017 (Ed. 7.2).
公告机构应继续接受基于有效GSO版本(IEC 60335-2- 24:10 10+AMD1:2012+AMD2:2017 (Ed. 7.2))的测试报告。
Further to this Notified Bodies shall reactivate any certificates that have been suspended, withdrawn or terminated due to the expiry of the previous standard version (Ed. 7.2), and no further standard updates to Ed. 8 are required until further notice.
此外，公告机构应重新激活因前一个标准版本(Ed. 7.2)到期而暂停、撤销或终止的任何证书，在另行通知之前，不需要对Ed. 8进行进一步的标准更新。
Any certificates or test reports already issued according to IEC 60335-2-24:2020 (Ed. 8) are still acceptable on a voluntary basis and will not require any revision to revert back to the Edition 7.2.
根据IEC 60335-2-24:20 2020 (Ed. 8)发布的任何证书或测试报告在自愿的基础上仍然是可接受的，不需要任何修订以恢复到7.2版。
Shanghai GOM offers safety and EMC testing and certification services for regulated Low Voltage Equipment. Authorised notified body: NB2292, NB1802, NB2452 etc.
This eighth edition cancels and replaces the seventh edition published in 2010, Amendment 1:2012 and Amendment 2:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, Ed 5.2;
– some notes have been converted to normative text or deleted (4, 5.2, 5.7, 7.1, 7.6, 7.10, 7.12, 19.1, 19.101, 19.102, 20.101, 20.102, 20.103, 20.104, 21, 22.7, 22.33, 22.101, 22.102, 22.103, 22.107, 22.108, 22.109, 30.1);
– normative references and associated text have been updated (2, 22.108, 22.109, Table 102, Annex CC);
– definition of free space has been clarified (3.6.104);
– measurement of the input current of refrigerating appliances using inverter driven motor-compressors is included (10.2);
– compatibility tests for winding insulation of motor-compressors used with different types of refrigerants and oils have been introduced (22.9);
– requirements for inadvertent contact points between uncoated aluminium pipes and copper pipes have been updated (22.111);
– testing of accessible glass panels has been clarified (22.116);
– in refrigerating appliances, requirements for material encasing and in contact with thermal insulation have been introduced and consequential text has been deleted (22.117, 30.2, 30.2.101, Annex EE);
– requirements for motor running capacitors have been updated (24.5, 24.8);
– the locked rotor test for fan motors has been clarified (Annex AA).